A Hauling Sensation
Moving one mega piece into an isolated location in Middle America is hard enough, but moving eight humongous pieces is like putting together a 5000 piece puzzle. After nearly two years, Edwards Moving & Rigging just completed this complex puzzle.
- One HS 15 bridge involved extensive engineering and construction to shore the structure
- Two bridges of 80' completely jumped using our (RDJ120) Rapid Deploy 120's.
- EMR provided Dock re-engineering to allow for these roll off's.
Total axles: 72
Using self propelled trailers
- Weight of Generator - 876,000 pounds
- Weight of Transformer - 844,000 pounds
18 lines of self-propelled Goldhofer with 288 tires under each unit for a total of 566 rolling tires.
- 12 loads of steel plate, matting, and jumpers required to protect underground utilities, drain pipes, and structures.
- Transport in a flood plain where flooding experienced during most of our transporting.
- Sub zero temperatures throughout the transport.
- Re-grading and rock piling to ensure the terrain was suitable for roll off at the offload site.
- Edwards convoyed multiple components during this project.
- Rebuilding a railroad crossing.
- In just 14 miles, Edwards would be required to develop a communications plan between three power companies, one telephone company, one cable company, local EMS and fire departments not to mention two school districts.